NO this is not the Mexican Pico de Gallo (which has white onions and doesn’t include white vinegar). This IS my mother’s well-known hot salsa. Well, it doesn’t have to be spicy if you don’t want it to be. It’ll still taste delish. I grew up with this salsa always in the fridge, we would add it to all of our dishes or as an appetizer with Tostito chips. This recipe is simple and quick to make and last’s in the fridge for up to 2 days….Mom would often make this so we always had something to compliment our dishes with.
Makes about 1 cup of salsa.
- 1 Small Jalapeno, Finely Chopped/Minced (You can also substitute with any chili pepper you prefer)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Discard Seeds and Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Finely Chopped/Minced
- 3 Limes, Juiced
- 2 Tbsp, White Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Reserve in the refrigerator for about an hour or so before serving.
In upcoming recipes I will show when to include this salsa and how it’ll make the dish complete!
- Recipe: Fresh Salsa (venezuelancooking.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Salsa (applepievegetarian.wordpress.com)