Baking is very relaxing it takes all the stress and worries away. It’s an art. Cooking is an art. I felt like baking a cake today because I had apples and had the cravings for something sweet and delish.
This is an Ecuadorian dessert which I love. Tastes just like a butter loaf cake but with an orange/apple kick to it. A very subtle taste comes into play here so hope you like it too.
Makes for 6 Servings.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temp. (2 sticks)
- 2 Cups White Sugar and 1/4 Cup for bottom of Baking Pan
- 2 Eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2-3 Baking Apples (cored, peeled, & sliced)
- 1 Orange, Zested
- Ground Cinnamon, to taste
- PAM, spray on baking pan (9in round)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. With a Mixing Machine, Hand Mixer, or Whisk….Mix the butter and 2 cups of sugar till you reach a smooth texture.
While mixing/whisking add in the egg yolks one at a time and the orange zest. Add in the orange juice and flour a little at a time.
Beat the egg whites till soft peak form. Fold into the orange zest mixture.
PAM spray or butter your 9in round baking pan then add in the 1/4 cup of sugar on the bottom. Top with the slices of apples and sprinkle ground cinnamon before adding in the cake batter.
Cook cake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. When a knife/tooth pick is inserted in the middle it should come out clean.
Serve warm or room temp.
- 11. Orange Cake (lastbutnotlist.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Apple Cake …..A trip to Apple Hill (meggieskitchen.wordpress.com)