When I was younger the only way that I would eat soup was if it was creamy. Mother would make a creamy veggie soup everyday….Which I love even more now!
This is a really easy, 6 ingredient, delicious creamy soup. I’m sure you’ll love it too and have these ingredients right in your kitchen.
Carrots are very good for you, a great source of antioxidant compounds and has vitamin A. Mother would always tell me that it’s good for your eyesight and skin…..Oh also somewhat makes you tanner…I think that’s true.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as I do on a rainy day…Like today in NYC.
Makes for 3-4 Servings
- 5 Carrots, tops/bottoms cut off and peeled. Cut them 1 in pieces.
- 4 1/2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock/Broth (Homemade or use 1 full carton and 1/2 carton)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- To serve with Heavy Cream, to taste
Cook carrots in chicken stock and bay leaf until fork tender. About 20-30 minutes.
After discard the bay leaf. Using a blender or hand blender puree till smooth.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve with heavy cream and warm.
Enjoy this colorful luscious soup.
- Curried Pumpkin Soup (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Easy Banana Butternut Squash Soup Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)