This side dish is a favorite for either Christmas/Thanksgiving or regular Dinner, for breakfast with coffee, and/or as a snack. It’s kind of an Ecuadorian “corn bread”….It can also be sweet which later on I will share with you. It’s soft to the bite, has a delicious sweet corn taste, and the perfect seasoning to it comes from the semi-salty farm cheese.
- 1 kg (1000 g or about 4 1/2 Cup) Corn Kernals (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs, Seperated (whisk the whites to soft peak)
- 1 Cup Cheese, grated (mozzerella or any hispanic cheese)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. In a food processor or blender pulse the corn kernals, milk, and yolks till smooth.
Pour into a bowl and mix in the melted butter, grated cheese, pinch of sugar, salt & pepper. Finally fold in eggs whites to the corn mixture. Then pour into a greased baking pan of your choice (I used a loaf pan).
- Corn and Meat Pie (Pastel de Choclo) (ecualombian.wordpress.com)
- Corn Casserole Taken Up a Notch (mybestcookbook.wordpress.com)