This souffle is versatile. Everyone eats carrots and when made into a savory cheesy souffle…..Um…Amazing! This recipe is easy, healthy, great as a side dish, and of course delicious, I won’t share anything on this blog I do not like and sure about others not liking. So go for it!
- 6 Medium Size Carrots, peeled, cored, and cut 1 inch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg, grated or ground
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 6 Eggs, separated
Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Whisk/beat the egg whites in a bowl till stiff peak. Set aside.
Mix the carrot puree and white sauce (bechamel) together and add in the yolks one at a time, then fold in the stiff egg whites. Pour mixture in pre-greased ramekins and set in a bain-marie (water bath). Bake for 1 hour.
- Shepherd’s Pie with Pumpkin Souffle (tastyeatsathome.com)
- Potato Soufflé (vanillaandsaffron.wordpress.com)