The title of this post is self-explanatory. Delicious, fried, fishy, crunchy sardines is something everyone must love! I got this recipe from the same cookbook as the last post La Buena:Mesa, so since I had a can of Sardines in the pantry this recipe was a must! Hope you enjoy.
Makes for 14 Croquettes
- 1 Can Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil, drained and rough chopped
- 2 Cups Cassava (I used frozen)
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Egg Yolks, beaten
- 2 Egg Whites, whisked
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/8 Cup Cilantro or Parsley, minced
- Oil, for frying
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Preheat oil in frying pan. With wet hands start forming balls with the sardine batter, dip it in the egg whites then roll it in the bread crumbs, use all the batter. Fry corquettes till golden brown on all sides. Let it rest on a double-lined paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve with ketchup.
- portuguese sardines pasta with lemon (starlight427.wordpress.com)
- Sardines beccafico style (thesicilianexperience.wordpress.com)