This is a delicious summer meal that is quick and easy to prepare. Serve this dish with rice, french fries, or a salad (it’s all up to you!). This Ecuadorian recipe proves that plain ol’ pork chops can be spiced up to something unbelievably delicious!
Makes for 3-4 Servings
- 3-4 Pork Chops (thin center cut), clean under cold running water and pat dry
- Salt, Pepper, & Cumin, to taste
- Lemon or Lime, to taste
- Canola Oil, for grill
- 2 Large Mangoes, peeled and cubed/roughly chopped
- 1/4 Tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- Crushed Red Pepper or Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
Start by preheating your grill pan (indoor/outdoor) on medium-high heat and oil the grill with the help of a paper towel and wipe the oil all around. Season your pork chops with salt, pepper, cumin, and the juice of either the lemon or lime. Rub it all on the chops.
Once cooked throughly place chops on your plate and top with the warm mango sauce. Garnish with some julienned roasted red peppers or chopped cilantro/parsley.
- Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic Caramelized Pears (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Mango & Avocado Wraps with Spicy Mango Sauce (Raw) (sajmay28.wordpress.com)