So yesterday I took a day trip to explore the town of New Paltz and went Apple picking in Dressel Farm. I ended up getting 2o pounds of apples!! Yeah….So now to use them all up I’ll be sharing a bunch of apple recipes that once this is over…We’ll be apple’d out ;-)
I share with you today a delicious, elegant, fast, and easy recipe that can be served in any occasion. The almonds give a nice nutty crunch to this salad. Who knew these two fruits could blend wonderfully together! Enjoy!
Makes for 4 Servings
- 1 Avocado, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 Apples (of choice), with skin, cored, and sliced
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almonds with shell or without (up to you), toasted
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Whisk together the lime juice, mustard, and extra virgin olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Spoon the dressing on your salad. Then sprinkle the parsley on top. That’s it!