Nothing beats baked chicken. I think it’s the best way of cooking it! This recipe is a great way of using up your apples and taking it in. The apples and onions blend so well with the cinnamon and chicken you’ll remember me when you take your first bite…Okay that’s weird (just kidding) lol. No but really this recipe is a must! Representing fall and the fruit that is in full season….Apples!! Enjoy
- 1 Whole Chicken, washed and excess fat removed
- 2 Apples (Granny Smith, McIntosh, Crispin, Jonagold, Fuji, Golden Delicious), washed, cored, & quartered
- 1/2 Large Onion or 1 Small Onion, peeled & quartered
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- Powdered Cinnamon, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- PAM Cooking Spray, to grease baking sheet
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Grease your baking dish with PAM. Place the quartered apples and onions in the baking dish and stuff some in your chicken.
Sprinkle the cinnamon all around and on top of the apples and onions. Place chicken in the middle and pour on and around the white wine and drizzle on and around the extra virgin olive oil. Using kitchen twine, truss your chicken (optional).
Bake the chicken for 40 minutes. Then lower oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve chicken with the apples/onions and some rice on the side😉
- An Appetite for Apples (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Cinnamon Chicken with Couscous and Dried Fruit (cowtalesbyacowgirlcook.com)
- Curried Apple Chicken Saute pairs fall fruit, bold flavors (pbpulse.com)